06 Dec Cheesy Asiago Chicken Pasta
This is hands down one of my favorite dishes to make! It’s so good that I could eat it every day, but I make this about once a year so I won’t get tired of it. Peep my recipe for this delicious and cheesy Asiago Chicken Penne Pasta!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb thinly sliced chicken breast, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- seasoning salt to taste
- paprika to taste
- 1-1/3 cups half and half
- pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 cups asiago cheese, grated
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil with sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, and garlic over medium heat.
- Add chopped chicken breast to the pan. Season with paprika and seasoning salt to your liking. Cook chicken until completely done.
- Add 1 cup of half and half, salt, and bring to boil.
- Add asiago cheese and stir until all of the cheese is melted, reduce heat. If the sauce is too thick, add 1/3 cup of half and half and stir.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce, along with spinach. Stir everything together to combine, cover with a lid and let the pasta simmer on low for 5-10min. Taste, and add more salt, if needed.
Note: For a less cheesy experience add only 1 cup of half and half and 1 cup of asiago cheese.
I really want a less cheesy experience! Said no one EVER!
* Adapted from juliasalbum.com